Our pad is designed to be, what we call, ThermoForm to whatever surface it is set to and let heated with light tension. This allows our pads to not only accomplish an outstandingly clean and tight fit but the material is meant to live under the sun and allows the fit of the pad to get better with time. Unlike other tailgate pads that after just a few weeks of sun exposure turn into saggy diapers clinging to the tailgate for dear life, our Basecamp Pad 2.0 is designed to create a tight and clean fit that will hold up through the elements and even get better with time.
Use our fit guide on Basecamp System 2.0 or Basecamp Pad 2.0 page to determine fit for your vehicle.
Basecamp Pad dimensions:
50″ Width (fits five bikes)
11.5″ (width) x 10.5″ (height)
Questions? Shoot us an email to email@example.com
11.5″ (width) x 10.5″ (height)
As you can imagine, almost every car manufacturer places their backup camera in different locations depending on the size of the tailgate. Using the dimensions of where your backup camera is in relation to the Basecamp Pad, our opening is 11.5″ (width) x 10.5″ (height). The thermoformed exterior provides protection to your truck by pushing away bike wheels that are thrown over the tailgate while allowing for a constant opening for backup cameras. Fully loaded with bikes? Pop on the detachable window for full coverage of your handle area.
We have seen numerous tailgate covers & shells fit with the Basecamp Pad installed at the same time. The pad sits at just 1″height allowing for a variety of shells, rolltop covers, and tailgate covers. Check our customer reviews to see pictures of various setups.
You can use the utility strap to tie down up to 5 bikes comfortably on the Basecamp Pad.
When purchasing the Basecamp System ($324.99 + Free Shipping) you will receive 1 Basecamp Pad, 2 Lounger Chairs, and 1 Jeffrey Cooler. All of these items can be purchased individually. It’s your Basecamp, make it however you want.
Yes, Cache is happy to offer special pricing for veterans and first responders. Check out our military discount page for more information.
Absolutely! We will continue to design and manufacture products we know can be trusted & enjoyed wherever you take them. We will always announce when new products are in the mix and launch dates.
If you’re doing it right, you probably will experience some weather while outdoors. We invented all of our products with premium waterproof materials, high-quality hardware, and UV-resistant protection to all of our products. Hell, you can even light it on fire!
Please see our Basecamp Pad tutorial video or visit our install page for step-by-step instructions. If you have any additional questions, please contact us.
Most important information:
- Ensure that the top seam of the tailgate pad is aligned with the outside lip of your tailgate!
- UPON INITIAL INSTALL, LOOSELY MOUNT THE BASECAMP PAD 2.0 ONTO YOUR TAILGATE. Don’t overtighten or try to take out the bend on the top of the pad. We have a special ThermoForm process that our pad must go through in order to properly fit your tailgate. Ensure that the top seam of the tailgate pad is aligned with the outside lip of your tailgate!
- Allow for a few hours in the sun, the curvewill begin to subside and rest to the surface you have it mounted on. Lightly adjust for more tension.
- Repeat two times or until fully set to the bend of your tailgate.
- When setting the 3-digit combo lock on the carabiner, SET ONE DIGIT AT A TIME. Test each digit after setting it to ensure you selected the correct digit. Failure to do so might result in you not knowing the combo…